Cranky Fat Feminist Speaks

liberal feminist from the south who ran away to college in the mid-west, and quickly retreated back after my four years were up. trying to save the world one picture book at a time; attempting to live healthier to lose weight, but without giving up beer. challenging the idea that “big is beautiful” as well as what I’ve learned and experienced about women, gender, and feminism from my time in college as well as my time in West Africa. pissed about the apathy of the world, ready to create change one mind at a time.

I'd love any comments you'd like to share! And as always, I'd love for you to click on an ad when you're done reading, it's a simple free way for you to give money towards my student loans!


Sunday, July 28, 2013

[cranky] stupid facebook, updated

Facebook banned me from posting for 24 hours because I posted "abusive" photos -- my first two profile pictures from nearly a year and a half ago. So, of course, I'm sharing them here:

 
this is the back of my head. you can also see two of my many "little sisters" in the village I lived in in Ghana. the picture was taken by another of my little sisters (who is a damn good cook, in case you were wondering)
 
 
nudity?! trees don't wear clothes
 
 
Tuesday evening I received a 12 hour ban. (the page is set up so that you have to be 17+ to access or view anything, so shouldn't it be okay to have sex-positive posts and jokes?)
 


3 comments:

  1. It wasn't so much FaceBook banning you as someone getting all hyped up about the nudity issue and reported you...but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if you were to look at the computer of whomever reported you, you would find all sorts of things that they would rather no one know about!...I find it interesting that those who scream the loudest about something usually have the most to hide...and they are seeing their own selves in what hey think is a reflection of them in what is posted...so they get all bent outta shape and start screaming about things that really don't concern them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook is ridiculous. Stay tough, Cranky! :D
    I would do absolutely anything you want, if you'd make me a sandwich. ;)

    I'm a new fan of your blog and ideology. I hate gender bias and all forms of racism. Keep complaining, and I'll keep reading it.

    ReplyDelete