I rolled up my sleeves and tested out my kitchen skills this afternoon, and threw together a "not-hummus" veggie dip. Here's what its got in it--
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt for 2 avocados (try to make the avocado as creamy as possible)
- 2 minced and crushed cloves of garlic
- fresh from the garden basil leaves, chopped fine
- fresh from the garden grape tomatoes, diced (handful)
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of fresh salsa
- dash of thyme, crushed red pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper
I'd also have added cilantro if there was any in the house, and may add a squirt of lemon tomorrow to keep it fresh and green-tinted. It goes great with carrots, cucumbers, and broccoli so far!