" First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child."
|from our own cranky feminist Jessica Anders (thanks!)|
- Mike Huckabee's defense: "some great people are born from rape"
- Rape Stats: 1 in 5 women sexually assaulted
- Paul Ryan and Todd Akin are friends
- Redefining Rape with his friend Paul Ryan (from Mother Jones)
- Rep. Steve King-- an Akin supporter
- Idaho... "silly ladies don't know what rape is"
- Rachel Maddow: the larger significance of Todd Atkin's ridiculousness
"science" of women's bodies behind Akin and the Teabaggers
- make sure you're sitting down, and only read if your blood pressure is under control. also might want to have a barf bucket nearby. "so where did Akin get that legitimate rape idea?"
- from a rape victim who had an abortion: Rep. Akin my body did not shut down the pregnancy
- Washington Post blogs: Legitimate Rape and Todd Akins myths
- letter from our friend Renee at UniteWomen
- letter from Eve Ensler
- raped, pregnant, and ordeal still not over: rapists' parental rights
- Planned Parenthood Action: letter to Todd Akin
- share this with your friends: The Official Guide to Legitimate Rape
- write Todd Akin a letter:
PO Box 519
St. Charles, MO 63302
820 S. Main St., Ste 206
St. Charles, MO 63301
- leave Todd Akin a voicemail:
Fax: (636) 949-3832
District office in St. Louis: Voice: (314) 590-0029
Capitol Office in Washington DC: Voice: (202) 225-2561
- email Todd Akin:
if you find more articles, videos, blogs/opinions/letters, please share them in the comments!